- 20th February 2018
- Jonathan Aizen
HAND Volunteer Training
Saturday, May 18, 2019
9 a.m. – 3 p.m. in San Mateo
Mills Health Center
100 South San Mateo Drive
San Mateo, CA 94401
HAND’s volunteer training is for parents, family and friends interested in supporting HAND by volunteering in various ways including:
- facilitating meetings
- offering peer support to parents with a recent loss
- serving on our Board of Directors
- doing outreach to local hospitals and healthcare providers
- managing our website (using WordPress)
- providing administrative support
The training is free and lunch will be provided.
The morning session (9:00-11:30) will be a general orientation for all new volunteers.
The afternoon session (12:00-3:00) will cover peer support and facilitating meetings.
New volunteers wanting to provide peer support, facilitate meetings, or make presentations should attend the whole training. Those interested only in non-direct support activities may just come to the morning session.
Registration is required by May 4, 2019.